The conference will be held at Spier Estate in Stellenbosch, a scenic university town situated in the winelands of the Western Cape. Magnificent natural surroundings, graceful architecture and the inherent elegance of Spier make it the perfect venue to host the ICCEC 2021 Conference. Please visit the Spier website at http://www.spier.co.za should you want more information on the venue.
SPIER HOTEL & WINE FARM: RESPONSE TO COVID 19
At the Spier Hotel:
- Contactless check-ins have been implemented.
- All staff wear masks (as well as gloves when cleaning rooms, public areas and restrooms); they are required to regularly sanitise their hands and wash their masks and uniforms; they are always required to maintain a distance of at least 1.5m between themselves and guests or colleagues.
- All surface areas in public areas are continuously cleaned.
- Upon arrival, guests are required to disinfect themselves at a sanitising station. Sanitising stations for staff and guests are available throughout the farm.
- Snapscan facilitates contactless credit card transactions and tap-card facilities are available. At check-out, keys are returned by guests in a drop box (the cards will be cleaned thoroughly between uses)
- Occupied rooms are spaced out throughout the hotel.
- Rooms are disinfected after every departure. The room stays vacant for at least 48hrs after disinfecting, before our cleaning staff services the room.
- Although in-room dining is available, it looks a little different: guests are notified when the food is placed on a tray outside the door; guests are requested to put the tray outside their door upon finishing their meal.
- Evening turn-down is on hold.
- Amenities (such as soaps and shampoo) has been pre-packaged in small quantities and disposed of following the guest’s departure.
- A number of room elements are not present: these include scatter cushions, bed throws, slippers, gowns, pencils and notepads; there won’t be a minibar but drinks can be ordered off our In-Room Dining menu.
- Tools and equipment shared by staff (including credit card terminals, phones and computers) are sanitised before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a colleague.
- Pools have been closed for use at this time.
At the Spier Conference Venue:
- Seating capacities and floor plans of each event will be reviewed to ensure appropriate physical distancing; we will also offer planners a selection of floor plans designed to accommodate social distancing. Seats are assigned to delegates for the duration of the conference.
- An electronic screening questionnaire is completed by each delegate prior to arrival, and temperatures checked and recorded on arrival.
- Instead of water carafes, delegates will be able to stay hydrated with individual bottles of water.
- Sanitising wipes will be available for delegates to use.
Venues will be deep cleaned after each event and used pens and notepads will be discarded; clean and soiled linens will be transported in sealed single-use plastic bags into and out of the venue.
- When it comes to the serving of food:
- The same protocols used by our restaurants apply.
- There won’t be a buffet offering: all food and beverage items will be individually plated and served; coffee and other break items will be served by a server.
What precautions are in place at our restaurants?
- Waiter stations and the host’s desk will be sanitised hourly.
Order stations will be sanitised between each user and before and after each shift. Waiters will sanitise their hands after each use.
- Tables, bar top, stools and chairs as well as all reusable items guests come into contact with (such as bill folders and pens) will be sanitised after each use.
- Trays and tray stand will sanitised after each use.
Our restaurant and bar areas will be deep cleaned between meal periods.
- Our hotel restaurant will be a la carte and no longer a buffet service.
- To facilitate appropriate social distancing there will be:
- Signage at entrances and in waiting areas to remind people; hostesses and managers will be on hand to assist.
- Fewer tables and barstools to allow more space between them.
These procedures will evolve in accordance with government regulations, medical expertise, WHO guidance and international best practice.
HOW TO GET TO SPIER ESTATE
Spier is conveniently situated in the heart of the beautiful Wine Route within 25 minute’s drive from Cape Town, ten minutes from Cape Town International Airport and five minutes from Stellenbosch.
Village at Spier: S33 58.390 E18 46.949
Conference Centre: S33 58.375 E18 46.947